The LeFort Family

The adventures of the soon-to-be-growing LeFort family.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Are We Legal Yet?







On Thursday morning, Mikel informed me that a piece of mail from New York State told us we'd better get our new South Dakota driver's licenses by Saturday or else (I thought we had a few more weeks yet...or has it already been 30 days since I'd written the car registration post?). I knew I was facing a busy Friday, which meant I needed to get moving. So I threw on my face — I had to have my picture taken, you know — and packed up the kids. I wanted to get there as early as possible to avoid the lunch and after-school, after-work crowds. (But who am I kidding...we're in SD now. It's just not that populated.) Even with my rushing we didn't get there until 11:15 a.m. They were on No. 7. I pulled No. 21. We were still out of there within about 30 minutes. And thank goodness. As you can see from the photos, the kids were all too eager to break out of their constraints. I will add that getting legal in South Dakota has been a breeze compared to New York, where we had to produce our birth certificates, passports, Social Security cards and who knows what else. After standing in lines at the Auburn DMV office Mikel and I both had to go back home to fish out necessary documents before getting permission to drive there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home