The LeFort Family

The adventures of the soon-to-be-growing LeFort family.

Friday, February 23, 2007

South Dakota: Slowly But Surely



After a little prompting from the state of New York we finally registered our vehicles in South Dakota. When we changed our insurance policies from our NY agent to one here, that kicked off a deadline requiring us to become totally legal here. We still have a month before our NY driver's licenses get suspended. With two toddlers, however, it's one thing at a time. The car plates were done at the county courthouse, right on the very pretty second floor lobby as you can see in the photo. The driver's licenses must be done at some other building.

My sister once told me she feels like she is hanging with celebrities when she takes out her twins (who are just six days younger than Alexander). Now I know what she means. I get a lot of the same with the double stroller. Most people just look and smile. Occasionally I hear "Oh, look! Twins!" Others simply ask if Anna and Alexander are indeed twins. I say "No, they're 11 months apart" -- and then we all agree it might as well be the same thing. The lady who issued our plates recognized them as being the ones "in the paper" -- as Mikel wrote a four-part series on our adoption experience back in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home