The LeFort Family

The adventures of the soon-to-be-growing LeFort family.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Welcome to our family, just don't get too close to daddy




It's 4:30 in the morning and I can't sleep again. My sinuses, fever, throat, you name it ...

This should be a time of great joy and excitement, and instead it's a time of great psuedrophine HCI and antihistamine.

What makes it worse, is that I have run out of Sudafed and Tylenol Cold medicine, and so we went to the local department store to buy some more medicine, but nothing is in English and the woman selling the meds doesn't speak English. So you just have to guess, based on pictures.

We bought Coldex, which was the only word on the box which resembled a word in English. For all we know, it could have been a ploy by manufacturers to get Americans to purchase the medicine, which may in reality be a laxative.

But that wasn't the end of it. Once we got the box home, we didn;t know how many tablets to take and how often. There are a few numbers on the back of the box, like 4 and 2, but does that mean 2 tablets every 4 hours? Or 1 tablet 2 times a day for 4 days? All the tablets were in a sealed group so the packaging wasn't giving us any clues.

In the end, we decided that a picture is worth a 1,000 words and the cover of the box showed two tablets. So I took two.

And I'm still not feeling well.

But I'm a lot more regular. Maybe it was a laxative after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home