The LeFort Family

The adventures of the soon-to-be-growing LeFort family.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Paw Paw The Gingerbread House Architect


Instead of a more traditional Advent calendar, I made up little Advent surprise bags for the children in hopes that it might be a nice tradition that we could get started.

I made up a bag for each day of Advent. Most of them have either a little kiddie Christmas craft project or baking idea (Christmas cookies of recent post), while others might have a little gift such as the Santa hats the children are wearing in these photos or even some candy treats.

While Dad was here one of the bags contained the idea of making a gingerbread house (but not from scratch!). I deliberately put this idea in one of the bags to be opened while Dad would be visiting because I figured they'd enjoy doing that together.

Here are the photos, including one of how I have our bags displayed along the stairs.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so cute. You know your Dad was never very crafty but maybe since he got so old, this may be a good thing for him to take up cause I know playing checkers, he was never any good either. Mother could always beat him. I guess tho, he is a wonderful grandfather and a great brother. Love Aunt Connie

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I did win a few from mother. Out of respect, I would let my mother win--Ha Ha. That was fun, I think I will get one for Peyton and the twins.
Love Dad

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home