The LeFort Family

The adventures of the soon-to-be-growing LeFort family.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow








Hey, I've got a pattern going here with songs as titles for my posts.

Here are some photos taken late last week when we got a fair amount of snow. One day we got almost 3 inches, then over the next two days we got a lot more. I don't know how much we ended up with. The weather's pretty crazy around here. Yesterday, for example, I didn't really need a coat on outside, but I did need to wear my snow boots as we still have plenty of the white stuff on the ground.

In these photos, you can see Anna and Alexander trying snow angels. I tried to show them how to do it while myself standing (no snow pants for me) and holding the camera. Obviously, the concept didn't catch on quite as much for Anna as it did for Alexander. They did get a kick out of knocking snow off the tree's branches.

When there is snow out, the children are required to bring snow pants, boots and gloves and hats to school (at least to Anna's school) or else they can't play outside with the other kids. Today, when Alexander and I went to pick up Anna from school, the kids were all out in the back area playing in the snow (recess time is at the end of the day, so this is where we always pick them up), and I got to see Anna sitting behind a little boy and sledding down a small hill. It was so cute!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so neat.Gad you posted them. We hardly ever, ever see any of this. Right now we have Maui weather.

Love Aunt Connie

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine living with that much snow. Although, I must say it makes for some pretty pictures. And I'm glad you got the snow and not the ice. However, as usual, down south we are still running the air-conditioner.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home