A Friend's Birthday Party At The Park





Last week the children attended a birthday party for a little boy who has been one of their playdate friends since they arrived in this country. The boy also goes to the same Montessori school. I have to say his mom has been so wonderful to me. If it weren't for her, I probably would know hardly any other moms and children. She's been a big help with tips about the school -- stuff like what is the norm for children giving teachers Christmas presents, for example; or before I got the list of must-haves from the school last summer she told me that Anna's backpack would need to be big enough to carry her bulky snow suit in the winter. And, let's face it, I really needed that forewarning to ensure enough time to find just the right backpack. Amy's also been great to simply swap childrearing tips with. Among these pics are a game of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, grabbing treats from the pinata and eating cupcakes.





The party was held at this great, and free!, park called Storybook Island. As the name implies, and as you can see from a few of the photos, the park is filled with beloved characters from children's classic books. After the party, children went out and played, played, played. The park also have this cute little "train" that goes through the park. I've included a photo and video clip from their ride.
I thought I should go ahead and post these photos before I start collecting my own party pics. Alexander's birthday is tomorrow, and I won't want to delay getting those up. We're just going to have little family parties for both children again this year. I don't know. Anna's is coming up in August.

1 Comments:
They are having a blast. You and Mikel are great mom and dad
Love Paw Paw
Post a Comment
<< Home