The LeFort Family

The adventures of the soon-to-be-growing LeFort family.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dress-up









Not too much new to report today, as it stormed pretty badly most of the afternoon. Strangely, and relatively speaking of course, the children were great today! Anna did get herself into trouble a couple times late in the afternoon for hitting her brother. She's been doing that a lot here.

They have been loving the Little People DVDs and sit really well for mom in her room to watch these during my outings. So, today, they received two new DVDs (including a new Little People) as part of their little Valentines, but they never got past the first one because Anna kept insisting on watching it over and over and over and over and over again. It was some Curious George short movie that was shot in the early 1980s so its graphic elements are severely lacking, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't pass the PC or otherwise socially-acceptable test nowadays. But Anna loved it when Curious George had to go to jail for playing on the telephone and misdialing the fire department. "We're going to have to put you somewhere where you can't cause anymore trouble," that's the kind of stuff I'm referring to. Plus, the man in the big yellow hat was smoking a pipe, and George got caught puffing away and getting sick. Of course it had a happy ending and all that, so I guess it's OK for the kids to watch. I survived what I'm sure was a lot worse!

Here are a few photos taken last week. The ones with the kids in the masks were snapped on Mardi Gras day. That's how I let them celebrate the actual holiday instead of the big nighttime parade. Aren't they cute?

The dress-up photos are obvious. After being so brave in getting her stitches out last week, we got Anna a nurse kit. Here she listening to Alexander's cough with the stethoscope and also giving him a shot in his toe. Mom thinks she gives really hard shots. She likes to also take temperatures and blood pressures. I first picked out an Army outfit for Alexander (as partially seen in the nursing photos), but I promptly returned it because the quality was AWFUL. I took him back to let him pick out a better quality get-up. He had several to pick from but kept going back to the bright red fireman's outfit. It's quite big on him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so cute.
Love paw paw

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home