The things you didn't think you'd need to know
I've learned so much about children's health in the last two months, I think I could be a pediatrician (it would pay better).
Today, as we are about to head over to the orphanage for the second day, we are taking a tape measure and camera, in order to take head, chest, height measurements, and take pictures of Ruslan's feet (he may have some slight foot issues), video/sound of his walking and breathing (he suffered through bronchitis over the winter and seems stuffed up ... no one cared this much about me when I had a cold).
We then send these off to our IA (international adoption) doctors in Minn. and Wash. who will then e-mail us back with their assessments of potential health issues. If all goes reallty well, they will be cleared by the doctors by Friday. It's amazing the things you learn ...
We are also hoping they will start talking today, preferably picking up simple English language sentences, like 'I promise to eat all my vegetables,' 'I will not hang out with any people with tattoos or hair dyed black', and 'I will get a job and move out of the house by age 21, and be able to financially support both of you by the time I am 30.'
Today, as we are about to head over to the orphanage for the second day, we are taking a tape measure and camera, in order to take head, chest, height measurements, and take pictures of Ruslan's feet (he may have some slight foot issues), video/sound of his walking and breathing (he suffered through bronchitis over the winter and seems stuffed up ... no one cared this much about me when I had a cold).
We then send these off to our IA (international adoption) doctors in Minn. and Wash. who will then e-mail us back with their assessments of potential health issues. If all goes reallty well, they will be cleared by the doctors by Friday. It's amazing the things you learn ...
We are also hoping they will start talking today, preferably picking up simple English language sentences, like 'I promise to eat all my vegetables,' 'I will not hang out with any people with tattoos or hair dyed black', and 'I will get a job and move out of the house by age 21, and be able to financially support both of you by the time I am 30.'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home