Little Roy and Little Dale

In honor of some big traditional stock and rodeo event going on here for two weeks, the children were allowed to dress like cowboys and cowgirls at school today. This is extremely unusual for their school. I don't recall any other dress-up days since we've been at the school. Then again, we were gone down to Louisiana for an extended period this time last year. Anyway, Alexander got to wear his full cowboy get-up that he received for Christmas. Sadly, Anna had to go in makeshift regalia. I did the best I could with pigtails, button-up shirt and one of my old bandanas and tried to talk up her cowgirl presentation. I think she was cool with it. All the little cowgirls and cowboys were so darn cute running around on the playground when it came time to pick them up from school.
In other kid news, there's been a lot of chatter lately about friends and sleepovers and parties and going over to people's houses to play and people coming to our house to play. Mostly all from Anna. I guess she heard about sleepovers from someone at school. I know I haven't introduced that idea to her. But aren't they too young for all this? Yesterday afternoon after a gymnastics make-up class we'd attended, some little girl she'd just met came up to her and asked her to play (right then and there). Then Anna invited her over to our house to play. She's growing up so fast!

2 Comments:
They look so happy all the time and I miss them. Love ya'll
Dad
Everyone is growing up real quick.
So cute. Love Aunt Connie
Post a Comment
<< Home